Hi guys! Sorry for the late…and short…post. I am currently in Greenville visiting family and tomorrow night is my bachelorette party! I normally post 5 “high fives” but for this week, I think I will count my bachelorette as being exciting enough to count for five things🙂 I can’t wait to tell you guys all about it and I hope you have a fantastic weekend! See you Monday!
Good morning everyone! I hope y’all are having a great week! This weeks is speeding right along for me, which is just fine because this weekend is my bachelorette party and bridal luncheon! So fun🙂
For today, I wanted to do a quick post about joy. For me personally, most days I am a happy camper, but there are other days that can be challenging and I feel like I have to actively choose to have joy. Now that’s not to say I’m not extremely grateful for my beautiful life, but there are some times when the stress of the day can really get to you. It’s those days I think it is more important than ever to choose to focus on the positives in your life and even recite a little mantra to yourself if you need to. Here are some quotes I love:
No matter who you are, the Lord has blessed you tremendously. It’s not always easy to see, but try and think of the positives in your life, no matter how small they may seem. I find when I do that, I find my joy again, and it makes my day a little brighter.
I hope y’all have a great day and I’ll catch up with you Friday!🙂
Well hey there guys and happy Monday! I hope y’all had a great weekend. Y’all do anything fun? Friday night was pretty low key around here. I was in serious need of some down time after a super hectic week. So Greg was a sweetheart and picked us up some Salsarita’s to go and we watched a movie on Netflix. Nothing earth shattering but it was exactly what I needed.
Saturday started off with us grabbing lunch with Greg’s mom before running some errands. Then we hit up the South Carolina State Fair! The Fair comes once a year in October and it’s quite the big deal. Greg was a good sport and we rode a ride called the Crazy Mouse, played a couple games, and saw some of the exhibits. However, the star of the show is always the food. Deep fried everything. Reeses, cookie dough, butter (yes…butter), you name it, it’s there. Greg and I grabbed ourselves a Pronto pup (which I discovered is basically the biggest corn dog I’ve ever seen), Fiske fries and….wait for it…fried red velvet oreos. Yes. Normally, I’m not a fan of that kind of stuff but I’m kind of obsessed with red velvet. Here is a picture for your viewing pleasure:
It was basically a normal orea surrounded by what tasted like red velvet cake. Greg and I shared that order right there and thought they were pretty darn good! Not something I would want every day, but certainly a fun treat. By the way, the wierd thick cream on the oreos is cream cheese icing. They thought of everything!
However…fried foods aside…the real reason we came to the Fair was to see Lee Brice in concert!
Our seats weren’t half bad and it was such a fun, laid back concert! Lee Brice is from Sumter, which is about an hour from Columbia, so he kept saying how it was good to be back home in South Carolina. He talked a lot in between songs and it all felt very personal, so Greg and I had a blast. Plus, he sang my favorite song of the moment – “I Don’t Dance”, which he wrote for his wife to be played on their wedding day. If y’all haven’t heard it yet, go check it out, it’s really sweet.
Then Sunday, Greg and I went to church before grabbing some hibachi for lunch with some friends. The rest of the day was spent grocery shopping and lounging around watching some Breaking Bad. Not a bad weekend at all if I do say so myself! I hope y’all have a great start to the week and I’ll catch up with you Wednesday!🙂
Good morning guys! We have officially made it through another week! After this week, all I can say is thank goodness! To kick off what I hope will be a wonderful weekend, I thought I would share some things I am loving this week. Y’all feel ok about that? Then let’s do this thing!🙂
1) Delicious smelling body wash
I was in need of some new body wash this week and I picked this guy up from CVS on a whim. I’m sure glad I did! In the morning when I need every little bit of incentive to get up and get in the shower, this stuff smells so good! It has a slightly sweet but also fresh scent I really enjoy. It isn’t’ too “fake coconut-y” if you know what I mean. It’s fairly subtle and incredibly moisturizing! The pretty pink color of the top and body wash itself is also a nice touch😉
2) It is officially less than a month until our wedding!
Greg and I are getting married on November 8th, and to think we are less than a month away is crazy! We got engaged back in January, so our engagement hasn’t been super long, but I am more than ready for our wedding to get here! It seems so much more real now that there aren’t months to go, but only weeks. Wow!
3) I found an oldie but goodie nail polish I’m digging
I was digging through my nail polish collection this past weekend and came across this forgotten gem. I’m really enjoying how it’s a bit darker than the bright summer polishes since we are now in October. But it isn’t too dark to where it looks “goth” (as Greg refers to some of my super dark polishes🙂 ) I think the name, “Smokey Taupe”, is so spot on because while it does look mostly gray, there is definitely a hint of purple in there. So unique!
4) Affordable boots for fall!
I have been wanting to buy a pair of boots forever but could never justify the price. It’s basically warm here in South Carolina until December and then once you hit April, you look slightly crazy if you have boots on. So I could never get on board with the whole spending $200 on a pair of boots I’ll wear for maybe three months out of the year. But then there came these beauties:
Oh Target, how I love thee! I saw these boots at Target for $39.99 and knew I had to have them. For less than $40, I think the quality is really nice and I can’t wait to wear them! I can’t seem to find them online, but certainly take a quick browse through the shoes next time you are in Target!
5) Concert this weekend!
The State Fair is in town once again and one of the performers will be the one and only Lee Brice! I absolutely love his music, especially the sweet songs like “Woman Like You” and “I Don’t Dance.” Greg and I both got tickets to see his concert Saturday night and I’m pumped!
As our tickets suggest, I hope you “Find Your Happy” this weekend and I’ll catch up with y’all Monday!!
Hi guys! This week has been quite stressful so I apologize for the short post today. With the pressure of this week, I have been in need of some inspiring quotes to remind me how important it is to be graceful under stress. Here are two good ones I stumbled across:
Though it’s quite difficult, I try and remind myself that any stressful situation is only temporary. I am far from perfect, but I think keeping the two quotes above in mind will help a lot as we plow through the rest of the week🙂 Hang in there y’all – we’re halfway to Friday! Woo hoo! See you then!
Hi there, guys! I hope y’all are having a good start to your week. Hopefully your weekend was fun and relaxing, giving you some energy to power through the work week🙂 Let’s discuss the weekend, shall we?
On Friday after work, Greg and I headed out to get a gift for a housewarming party we were invited to. Inevitably, that trip didn’t take long and we were huuuungry, so we hit up a local place for a delicious pizza. And wine. Always need a glass of wine to kick off that weekend! (I should specify – the wine is for me. Greg is strictly a beer man.) Then on Saturday, we spent most of the day at the housewarming party, which was a lot of fun. So many people came out to celebrate Robert and Kayla’s new house, and I was so happy for them! Here is a picture of just a portion of the folks there. Greg and I are the two blurry figures on the left hand side haha
Then on Sunday, Greg and I went to church before visiting with Greg’s grandparents during lunch. After that, there was about 100 things I should have been doing to be productive, but I decided to take a very rare afternoon to be lazy. By lazy, I mean read a book and paint my nails. Don’t we all need a few hours like that every now and again? Just a few little moments to catch our breath and not feel guilty about it?
I’m currently reading Gone Girl and really enjoying it! Then for dinner, we made pita pizzas and watched Breaking Bad. Not a bad way to end the day, if I do say so myself!
I hope y’all enjoyed this post and I will catch up with you on Wednesday!
Hey there guys!! We finally made it to Friday – thank goodness! I don’t know about y’all, but I am pumped to sleep in tomorrow! As an adult, I find it so exciting to wake up and the sun is shining – not dark like it usually is around my 5:30 week day alarm. Anywho, let’s recap some highlights of the week, shall we?
1) I discovered a new Starbucks drink this week, and I think it may rival the Pumpkin Spice Latte. Let that thought marinate. I know it’s crazy. But I popped into Starbucks on Monday and they were out of pumpkin spice drink stuff. I felt like this goat from the Doritos commercial:
While I tried to stay strong, the barista must have sensed my panic because she suggested a popular alternative to the Pumpkin Spice Latte…the White Mocha Chai. When she first said it, I was hesitant, but she said she had been suggesting it all day and people loved it. So I got it and it was delicious! It isn’t quite as sweet as the Pumpkin Spice but still has a subtly spicy flavor to it. So good! I may just have to get it again…after I make sure to indulge in a Pumpkin Spice Latte or two. After all, that is what fall is all about😉
2) For work on Thursday, I was doing a story on gun safety. I was sent to the Palmetto State Armory and they let me shoot about five rounds after all the interviews were done. I got 3 out of 5 bullets into the center circle, so I was pretty darn proud of myself! As a girl who has maybe held a gun a couple of times, I don’t think that’s too shabby.
3) Since I finished my last book, I have been on the hunt for a new one. I have heard great things about Gone Girl, and they are coming out with the movie this weekend, so I figured I would give it a shot. I haven’t read much of it yet, but I like it so far and I’m excited to have a new story to delve into!
4) Greg and I had our first Marriage Enrichment session on Wednesday and it went really well! The Reverend we are using for our wedding ceremony requires 3 sessions before the wedding, so we are working to get through those. They aren’t really telling us anything we don’t already know, but it’s fun to talk about marriage and all that comes with it with a man who so much experience in life and weddings!
5) On Saturday Greg and I are going to a housewarming party for a couple of our friends. I always love a good excuse to get a big group together and hang out, so it should be fun! Plus, the couple whose house we are going to just got a new puppy, so that will be a fun bonus to play with her.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post and have a great weekend! See ya Monday!
Hi guys! I hope y’all are having a great week so far. If not…we’re halfway to the weekend!🙂 Tonight Greg and I have our first marriage counseling session! I’m oddly excited about it. The Reverend who is marrying us in November requires a couple counseling sessions with him before the big day, so #1 is tonight at 6:30. I was thinking about the session the other night…which inevitably made me think about the wedding…which oddly made me think about my new initials! It’s odd because I’ve always had the same initials my entire life, so to think they will be different in less than 2 months is exciting! I can’t wait to take Greg’s last name🙂 So, as any good Southern girl does, I started looking at monogrammed stuff on Etsy. Oh. Em. Gee. So many cute things! It made me feel like this meme:
More than a couple of things caught my eye, but here are some of my favorites (hint…I may have purchased the navy vest to wear the day after the wedding!) :
I may also need that weekend bag in the near future, but for the sake of my bank account, I’ll pace myself. I hope you guys enjoyed this post and I will see you on Friday!
Good morning guys! I hope y’all had a great weekend and you are ready to tackle another week! Even though I’m not quite ready for it to be Monday, I have to keep phrases like this in my mind:
Great words to keep a positive mindset!
Anywho….let’s talk about the weekend, shall we? On Friday night, Greg and I went to a fraternity alumni event in downtown Columbia. We met up with a couple friends and had a great time. On Saturday, we had our third wedding shower! It was wonderful. The women who threw it just put so much thought and effort into everything. It meant so much! Here is one of my favorite pictures of me and Greg from the night:
I think Greg is just the cutest guy around…but of course I’m biased😉 We got some wonderful gifts, but I think Greg is most pumped about a mini fryer we got. As a girl who tries to cook fairly healthy around the house, it will be interesting to introduce that into the mix! But Greg is excited, so I’ll make sure to whip it out after we get married and give it a go. On Sunday, Greg and I went downtown to a going away party for one of my former co-workers. Then wrapped it all up with Mexican food with Greg’s parents! If you haven’t caught on…our weekend involved a lot of food. So good but I feel like a roly poly! Time to get back on the healthy train and back to the gym this week for sure!
I hope you guys have a great Monday and I’ll talk to you guys Wednesday!
Hi guys!! We finally made it to the weekend. I hope you guys have some really fun stuff on the agenda. Here are 5 things I’m looking forward to this weekend:
1) Greg and I are going to a cocktail party tonight for his fraternity’s alumni parent’s weekend. Greg was in a fraternity all through college and now serves on the alumni board, so every now and then we go to functions like this one. There is supposed to be good food and um….adult…..beverages….so it should be a good time to see some of our friends🙂
2) Greg and I also have a wedding shower this weekend being thrown in our honor. It’s a couples shower, so it should be a lot of fun. We have been so incredibly blessed with the love poured out during our engagement, and it will be so special to have so many of our loved ones in one place at one time this weekend.
3) Because our wedding shower is this weekend, my parents and my best friend/maid of honor are coming into town Saturday! I absolutely cannot wait to see them.
4) I know this is a simple one, but I can’t tell you how excited I am to sleep in tomorrow! I think not having to set an alarm is quite possibly one of the best feelings in the world.
5) I ordered two shirts from Jane and they should be rolling in over the next couple of days. Have y’all visited that site yet? It’s so cool because it is a discounted boutique site with clothes, home stuff, jewelry, etc. I’m excited for my packages to come in so I can show y’all pictures!
I hope you guys enjoyed this post and have an amazing weekend! See you on Monday!