Hey there guys!! We finally made it to Friday – thank goodness! I don’t know about y’all, but I am pumped to sleep in tomorrow! As an adult, I find it so exciting to wake up and the sun is shining – not dark like it usually is around my 5:30 week day alarm. Anywho, let’s recap some highlights of the week, shall we?
1) I discovered a new Starbucks drink this week, and I think it may rival the Pumpkin Spice Latte. Let that thought marinate. I know it’s crazy. But I popped into Starbucks on Monday and they were out of pumpkin spice drink stuff. I felt like this goat from the Doritos commercial:
While I tried to stay strong, the barista must have sensed my panic because she suggested a popular alternative to the Pumpkin Spice Latte…the White Mocha Chai. When she first said it, I was hesitant, but she said she had been suggesting it all day and people loved it. So I got it and it was delicious! It isn’t quite as sweet as the Pumpkin Spice but still has a subtly spicy flavor to it. So good! I may just have to get it again…after I make sure to indulge in a Pumpkin Spice Latte or two. After all, that is what fall is all about 😉
2) For work on Thursday, I was doing a story on gun safety. I was sent to the Palmetto State Armory and they let me shoot about five rounds after all the interviews were done. I got 3 out of 5 bullets into the center circle, so I was pretty darn proud of myself! As a girl who has maybe held a gun a couple of times, I don’t think that’s too shabby.
3) Since I finished my last book, I have been on the hunt for a new one. I have heard great things about Gone Girl, and they are coming out with the movie this weekend, so I figured I would give it a shot. I haven’t read much of it yet, but I like it so far and I’m excited to have a new story to delve into!
4) Greg and I had our first Marriage Enrichment session on Wednesday and it went really well! The Reverend we are using for our wedding ceremony requires 3 sessions before the wedding, so we are working to get through those. They aren’t really telling us anything we don’t already know, but it’s fun to talk about marriage and all that comes with it with a man who so much experience in life and weddings!
5) On Saturday Greg and I are going to a housewarming party for a couple of our friends. I always love a good excuse to get a big group together and hang out, so it should be fun! Plus, the couple whose house we are going to just got a new puppy, so that will be a fun bonus to play with her.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post and have a great weekend! See ya Monday!